Thursday, October 19, 2017

Saying Good-bye to Vacation: AKA, Hello Slogging

Shouldn't life be fun? Not all the time, but MOST of the time?  I don't want to feel like I am always waiting for my "weekend sandwich".  Thirty-six hours to rest, do chores and then, it's Monday...uhhhggg. Back to work. Weeks are long and sandwich's just aren't enough.

Don't get me wrong! Teaching, helping kids and working with like-minded adults is great! It's not the work...per se..it is the pace and the timing of work.  My dream is to say, "Get things started, I will be in by 10...ish". Not every day...but, some days...and other days I will be there by 8 am. It's not that I am lazy, I just want to follow my own beat.  I want flexibility.

I know, I sound like a whiner. I sound soft. Maybe I am. But, maybe I am not.

Is it wrong to want a high quality life? Is it wrong to want to bring your best to ALL of your life...not just to work?

I am ready for something new. Not sure what it is. But, I am definitely ready to get out of the 9 am-5 pm rut, or in my case, 7am - 5pm, or 7am - 7pm, or 9pm. Depends on the day, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe in a reader